Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rita Brooks



I AM One Who..
Melts for no one. I keep my protective shell around
that which is the sweetest and the best.
I share only with those who do the same.



I Am One Who...
has learned to look upward to learn how to fly,
to look inward to learn why,
to open up to others and say "Hi".
To build my home on solid ground,
to be ready to move forward
with an adventurous spirit of anticipation
and wonder of "what's next?"




I Am One Who...
always dreamed of being a cowgirl.
Dreams of the Wild West and the
open plains called to me.
I am one who has always marveled at the
sunsets and sunrises.
I have felt the hand of God on my shoulder
as I traveled through life.
Though sometimes in fear, I knew He was near.



I Am One Who...
Stands in the maze of amazement at
the twists and turns of life.
I look back on my journey.
I see the choices I have made in my fight to survive
and feel gratitude for the choices I have made.
My heart is filled with hope for the future.


No comments: